PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hearing Loss
Thread: Hearing Loss
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2019, 12:40
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I contacted the Veterans Hearing Help. I contacted them yesterday and received the application pack today. From their website:

Samantha and Ben Bennett began the UK Veterans Hearing Help in response to Ben's subsequent hearing loss from his 13 years in the Royal Artillery. When Ben at 43 years of age started to struggle with the volume of the TV, and in groups of people, Sam, who was already a Hearing Aid Audiologist with their children (also Audiologists) diagnosed Ben with a high-frequency hearing loss which affected his clarity. They quite quickly fitted Ben with hearing aids with the support of a manufacturer and when Sam and Ben went to the next reunion, a lot of Bens’ colleagues commented on his hearing aids and their issues.

I think they oversee your application to the RBL Veterans Hearing Fund. The service is free to us and they probably cost their costs from the profit margin on the hearing aids.

The RBL VHF is funded with £13m from Libor Scandal. It is drawn down over 5 years. In two years over 1,000 veterans have received help. That £13m will not last more than the 5 years at that rate.

Apparently the process is slow and can take a year.

Last edited by Pontius Navigator; 15th May 2019 at 20:13.