PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Motive
Thread: Motive
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2019, 06:26
main_dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Hugo’s point. The training ban obviously has their serious attention, to the extent they’re willing to “force” people into training against all common sense and industry best practice. The TB is not “broken” until we cave in, despite some or even many defections from the weak or selfish.

I do agree as a union we need to reassess our tactics and strategy, hopefully we’ll eventually get some much-needed leadership and direction. I would love to see DLC at the helm again.

Individually deciding to throw in the towel, however, means snatching defeat from the jaws of potential victory (and don’t tell me that on the heels of the momentous 78% NO vote we didn’t squander some incredible negotiating potential).

Instead of moaning about what the HKAOA did or didn’t do, ask yourself what you are doing, as an individual, to put pressure on the company to behave honourably and respect our contracts and wholly reasonable expectations. The end result of our group effort will be decided by our determination as single individuals, the daily actions of each and every one of us.