PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger offloaded from Air NZ flight for ignoring safety briefing
Old 14th May 2019, 10:22
Planemike

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RVF750
PRAM announcements are universally ignored IMHO. They are a curse. One thing we all may forget on this topic is the old adage that always comes back to me, it's never been proven wrong. No matter how smart a passenger is, once they get a ticket, they lose 10-20IQ points, a boarding card takes another 20IQ points off them!

I bet even Albert Einstein would have made a fool of himself flying.....

It really brings the worst out in most folks...
I am sure I will be "howled down" by some on here, but will say it anyway. RVF750 I find your statements to be cynical generalizations. Hey, who knows I could be wrong....!!! Just out of curiosity, what is a "PRAM" announcement??
Overall I think the thread has been very interesting......

By the way Planemike. You several times mentioned passengers as if they were being disrespected in the manner that military personnel might be as C130 passengers. I can tell you right now, nothing could be further from the truth. Our crews showed a great deal of respect to the men and women of our Defence and Police forces. There were rules and there was discipline but as officers and senior NCO's our smiles were genuine and the care and respect for our enlisted charges undaunting. If airport authorities, and airlines and their crews could achieve half the level of respect for their passengers, we might get somewhere.
NOBODY what ever their status should be disrespected. I simply drew the comparison between those there as paying passengers and those who were there in an employed capacity, in the particular case I cited, members of the armed service.
No more no less . Yes you are correct it is the heavy handedness that I am pointing out. Also the attitude "I am right, even when I am wrong".

Last edited by Planemike; 14th May 2019 at 12:48.