PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger offloaded from Air NZ flight for ignoring safety briefing
Old 13th May 2019, 11:57
Lord Farringdon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The AvgasDinosaur

Not totally relevant to the OP but this thread has digressed a bit.
some years ago I made one of my less frequent short haul flights. Manchester to Malaga and return on Monarch. On our outbound leg safety briefing live by cabin staff I would estimate just over 70% of pax around me we’re apparently paying attention. The return leg a fortnight later it was the pre recorded version which had about 20% apparent attention. Not scientific but apposite I think.
Be lucky
David
Good point David. On Air NZ (and others) the cabin crew go to their assigned positions and then do nothing but point to the floor exit lighting and your nearest exit. The rest of the time they stand their on display like cardboard cutouts as the advertorial that passes off as a safety briefing runs for a good 10 minutes covering everything from your cell phone and airplane mode to the fact that no smoking anywhere on this aircraft includes no vaping!! If we as passengers find difficulty engaging, imagine the crew after standing there listening to mostly dribble and overly expanded explanations of simple things, for the umpteenth time that day, that week, that month....The crew should be doing these briefs.