PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian
Thread: Norwegian
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2019, 21:47
EGAC is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A320ECAM
Exactly!

Do people really think Boeing and RR are going to give cash compensation to all airlines affected by the 787 issues and 737 MAX issues? If they did that, they would be both bankrupt by tomorrow! How many airlines are affected by these two separate issues?

Norwegian have more chance getting the rights to Siberian airspace from Russia than they do of getting cash from Boeing/RR!
RR sold a product that requires a recall for safety reasons. This is costing the airline cold, hard cash to mitigate both in leasing capacity and in paying leases for B787’s that are grounded.

Boeing sold an airplane that crashes itself, with a flawed system, a questionable certification process and denied there were any problems (what else don’t we know about?!). While these planes are grounded, they are costing money in leasing and operationally to find capacity elsewhere.

Now add all the additional administration required to organise keeping the operation afloat. That costs money too.

If I was managing any company let down so badly by suppliers, I’d be seeking as a starting point; full compensation on every penny spent to stay operational, compensation for the inconvenience caused, compensation for damage to my brand and finally, future discounts or I’ll take my business to your competitor. Play this right and Norwegian may have a healthy lump of cash and discounts on future orders coming their way.