PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger offloaded from Air NZ flight for ignoring safety briefing
Old 11th May 2019, 19:45
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by PastTense
The URL:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tructions-card

The passenger probably heard airline safety instructions dozens of time before. Is there that much difference between them? Frankly it surprised me that the crew made a big deal about this situation.
Exactly. Like nowadays you would need to explain how a seatbelt works.Or passenger oxygen with a design of mid last century. Anyway, it's aged aviation laws that make that kind of crap possible(or do you need to watch a safety video or watch a flight(train) attendant ever time you ride a train which is a mass transport system as well, NO, you do not).

BUT - nobody touches bloody duty time regulations for pilots(and our collegues in the cabin) in a proper way(except making them "better" and better for airlines, of course). Tired pilots, fine. No problem. Or pilots that get called to Dublin for being sick to often, "encouraging" them to fly as well when they do not feel really that well(otherwise your free plane ride, DO NOT MISS the saftety then , free hotel and "nice" chat including warning letter is waiting up there on the green island). BUT not watching always that same safety demo is a saftey concern - right

Fantastic new world of aviation. And by that I mean it made very WELL sense to have that safety demo in place a long while ago when aviation still was something nice and enjoyable. Not so many people(which was a good thing) fly, making it necessary to explain that uncommon mean of transport. "Thanks" to RYR and co this is not an issue anymore. Time to change some laws. And I am not talking about safety demos only here.

Now I know "ANZAC" aviation quiet a bit, have been a skipper down under before Sept 11 with Ansett. I know HOW they sometimes behaved towards passengers and I very often did not agree with cabin crew behaviour towards paying customers. Filed as well sometimes a report if deemed necessary(hell, sometimes they even behaved VERY blunt towards us pilots being on a deadhead and I was a very quiet fella - even nowadays if morons in the head office do not step on my toes to much). Well, Ansett went under, Air NZ did not(as partner of Ansett). It seems crew attitude did not changed so much over the last 18 years down there....

Last edited by tomuchwork; 11th May 2019 at 20:02.