PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Challenger 600 series down in Mexico
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2019, 14:34
hans brinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rak64
I used it for a good purpose because these ladies were selected because they are female, despite her questionable qualification. Another captain, as well female, left the job because of working conditions...
Hope you understand.
Originally Posted by rak64
He said the so-called captain-lady did the wrong reaction of the crew for airspeed disagree. Fighting the symptoms, erased overspeed warnings by reducing the power, which leads to a stall. That turned out not as a clever move.
It was her first job as captain after a role as Copilot with TK. The Lady-Copilot was continuing after a couple of years as a university teacher. The owner was proud to have a 100% female crew for his daughter but now he lost them all.
Insalah
Why were the captains qualifications questionable? She had almost 5000hrs, 1600 on type and passed her check rides at CAE in the Netherlands, that all sounds reasonably qualified (and yes, she undeniably messed up big time on the last flight). I would not be surprised if they were selected based on gender, but that alone does not make them unqualified. Having to defend a female pilot is hard when the accident is clearly a result of her errors, but I have yet to see a study that shows female pilots are more accident prone then their male counterparts. Using terms like lady-pilots is not helpful in anyway, so no, I don't understand.
And correct me if I am wrong, but your ending of your first post suggests to me you might not be totally okay with equal rights.