PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A330 Simulator
Thread: A330 Simulator
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2019, 06:03
BAC ZERO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Shovel
Slovenia are not an approved state by CASA.
Who and how was the approved Australian ATO provided? I ask because CASA have given me a No in relation to using them.
So Mr Shovel.

Tell me why you are trying to solve complicated technical licencing issues on pprune, amongst the unqualified all trying to second guess your qualifications and your specific need with precious little information from you. Have you actually contacted GDA and explained your needs and asked them if they can process the paperwork for you and make application to CASA ? Why do you not contact GDA ? I do not understand why a pilot totally unqualified in foreign licencing processes would attempt to make a request to any Regulator anywhere in the world without qualified expertise providing assistance. Maybe you are just trying to penny pinch a few cents. I personally would not have got past the first phone call to CASA without expert help. Even at this time I believe CASA need to correct an expiry date on a licence verification document. I say change it they say NO. I lose because I do not have the expertise to argue regulation with CASA and by the way nor do you.

I do not understand why you will not conduct this process in a logical reasonable manner ? Contact GDA and get the answers you require one way or another.

So a few questions for you......

What is your aviation experience ?
Are you SEA and or MEA ?
Are you type rated A320 A330 or A340 ?
Describe the Instrument Rating you hold and are you current ?
What State ATPL's do you hold and which ATPL's have the A330 type rating on them ?
Did CASA say NO to you because of your qualifications ?
How long ago did you make the approach to CASA ?
Are you a Captain or First Officer ?
What is you flight recency experience ?

Further, you have obviously not understood my post or you just didn't bother reading it. Some of your questions are clearly answered in the post.

And just to remind you one more time.....most of your other questions can be answered by approaching GDA directly....so why don't you ?

The only thing I can think of is, you don't have the qualifications, you are a competitor looking for information, you approached GDA some time ago and maybe their qualifications and approvals have changed. And finally you stuffed it all up by approaching CASA without the skill set required to get a successful outcome. So, which one of these is it ?

Despite what I have said please get back to us and let us know what the outcome was. I, in particular, wish you success.