PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus pax 'disembark' onto wings
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2019, 16:48
CamilleInChicago7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Humble SLF here. If the pilot issued an order to ‘disembark the aircraft quickly’, why would the cabin crew then block the aisle assisting a disabled passenger? To me, this does not make sense.
From the SLF point of view an emergency return to the airport had been carried out. I don’t know if the passengers knew the return was due to fumes in the cockpit or not but any emergency return is going to be cause for concern. Keep in mind that this is occurred soon after the fiery Russian crash where many passengers lost their lives because they could not get out. This has been all over the news. The passengers saw the plane surrounded by fire trucks and emergency vehicles which is a good thing but if they don’t know that, they may have concluded the situation was worse than they thought. To the average passenger I suspect ‘disembark the aircraft quickly’ = get out. If I had received this order and the aisle was blocked, I’m very sorry but I would have opened the window exit too and I am aware that an evacuation will inevitably result in some injuries.