PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger offloaded from Air NZ flight for ignoring safety briefing
Old 9th May 2019, 07:13
double_barrel

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Haraka
nivsy See my post 19 above for a BA management reaction to what I thought was a constructive suggestion some years ago .......
The "no alcohol " caveat came across strongly at all crew levels.
Haraka (interesting username) I can understand their caution over what seems like a sensible idea, the liability implications would be significant.

But I do wish companies were stricter over the criteria for occupying an exit row. I have seen people clearly not able to open the door being allowed to remain, as well as obese people who probably would not fit through the overwing exit and those who clearly had insufficient English to follow the briefing.

To give you an idea of how hopeless most passengers are at hearing/following instructions - try looking around when the PA requests that people leave their seatbelts unfastened as the aircraft is being refueled. In my experience, some fasten their seatbelts, most ignore it. I have never seen anyone with a fastened seatbelt unfasten it as a result of that announcement.

(and should not this thread be moved to JB?)