PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger offloaded from Air NZ flight for ignoring safety briefing
Old 9th May 2019, 05:29
maxter

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bull at a Gate
I too find the "cute" safety briefings appalling. Yet they are very common nowadays. Why show someone putting on an oxygen mask on a beach, for example? The best demonstration of something is one in which the circumstances in which I need to use something are the circumstances in which it is demonstrated. I won't need to use an oxygen mask unless I am in an aircraft so that is what should be shown.

What I want is a serious, business like presentation which reinforces the idea that my life my well depend on me paying attention.
Different generations and people learn information in many different ways. The younger, digital generation is now very prevalent travelling. I am sure the market research they would have done would show the method they use impacts the biggest majority of passengers. For frequent flyers like myself, first time can be engaging 50th extremely annoying but I suspect majority on flight closer to 1st timers and they are the vital target audience. Have patience, thankfully we are not a homogenace world and really it didn't take that long.