PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger offloaded from Air NZ flight for ignoring safety briefing
Old 8th May 2019, 16:22
Haraka

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
In the early 80's, I was flying frequently as a then ex-RAF bod in U.K. defence industry , married to a retired B.A (707/Concorde) stewardess, We often discussed cabin evacuation and "other" cabin situations.. I wrote to B.A. suggesting a scheme whereas fit and able guys in similar positions to me could be put through the relevant cabin crew training ,paid for by industry . This initiative was triggered by a situation on a BA TriStar coming back from India where the cabin crew had asked for my assistance. I had been seated by an emergency exit incidentally and not by coincidence, since this apparently was a de facto common practice at the time..My company supported the initiative. Our status would be annotated on booking, emergency exit seats allocated on check in and cabin crew alerted on crew brief. i.e. " a friend in the cabin",
At the suggestion of friends in BALPA such individuals would not partake of alcohol during the flight.
I eventually got a patronizing letter back, apparently signed by Colin Marshall, thanking me for my interest, but assuring me that all of BA's established cabin procedures were perfectly adequate.
Yes , sure.