PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 7th May 2019, 13:08
drugsdontwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Now you get the 'utter rubbish' award DDW, all of us were told the salaries that I have quoted at the initial meet and greet with BRS and subsequently at the first interview - it's not the sort of thing I would make up FFS.

It's all anyone talked about in the crewrooms for months and they are the same figures that were part of SARF briefings as well.

Perhaps you don't have regular contact with current and ex-Bristow employees but I do and most of what I bashed them about has been borne out by the commercial realities of privatising UKSAR. Why is there a growing shortage of rearcrew if everything is so rosy?
Thanks for that award Crab - I’ll treasure it.

No one I know ever mentioned 95k and it was certainly not offered it in an interview.

I dont dispute the tech crew pay issue, merely I dispute you fanning b@ll**** flames as to how much pilots get paid to stir things up. You’ve been stirring things up for years, I recall several civilian colleagues incensed with the things you wrote, and I can see why after reviewing it. You don’t need to aggravate people to make a point, indeed, if you refrain from aggravation, more people may listen.

No doubt tech crew recruitment is an issue now, how could it not be now the pool has dried up. But don’t pretend military SAR was rosy in this department. I can tell you this: three man crews are sometimes inevitable due to short notice sickness, but they were PLANNED by the mil towards the end. And no tech crew are going to be flogged to death like many were at the end of the military, shifts back to back or long drives to other bases at no notice, with a limited option to say ‘no’.

A large scale SAR operation is always going to have challenges but let’s not pretend all was ‘rosy’ in the good old days. Sticking to facts is a good starting point.