PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 5th May 2019, 11:17
snakepit

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Have a look at the 2018-19 pay levels for the RAF and you'll see that you don't have to be on PAS to be earning more than SAR TC - a top range Sgt is on £42K without adding in flying pay, a top range F Sgt is a shade under £50K.

RN Observers as a Lt could be on £40 - £48K depending on time in rank , again without flying pay.

Jim said those PAS rates were maximums but most of the rearcrew I worked with were on over £50K.

No fake news
Fake news - News found in social media often based on rumor or hearsay but peddled as fact.

Jim supplies elevated paysacles that were the exception within the MOD never mind the SARF, suggesting somehow that is what everyone in UK SAR should be on even though he has never worked in either organisation. Crab uses rumor about current pay and compares to Jim's post suggesting TC were all somehow "insulted". Once 'outed' further suggests without evidence that even a SGTs and FS pay is higher than TC pay.

Like I said fake news. But we are all impressed that you care so much.

as365 subtle but true, you made me giggle with "utter bull****". Pay for TC will not magically explode if a TC licence was introduced. Offshore, multi engine pilots pay is based on a highly competitive market and their licence has little to do with that. If it was just a case of licence then NPAS and HEMS would get the same rates. The TC market is simply not there on the same scale, unfortunate but true.