PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Maids visa renewal procedure?
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2019, 23:19
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alwayzinit
I know, 1st World problem!
Can anyone advise whether we can still get a renewal of our maid's visa at EGHQ?
thanks
1st world and ME? I beg to differ. Money is not a sole qualification to be called "first world". Greetings from Europe ;-) (and from a former goatliner skipper)

And the "maid" "problem" is indeed a big problem, but in so many different other ways. Was there a long while ago and it is just disgusting what the "ME" is doing to so many maids from 3rd world countries. Playing with hopes, telling untrue stories, keeping documents, raping. AND - paying peanuts - of course. But the expats did adapt that "service" very fast by themself. Like they would pay a maid back in their homecountries. Keeps the wife a bit more free for more shopping or the longer stay in the Ritz(replace by a club of your personal choice here) club. Was there, have seen it. And raised our own kid by ourself, as we always did and still doing now here in Europe. Distgusting. Not worth a "first world"(just in their own thoughts) region. Take care about you kids by yourself AND TEACH them proper behaviour towards women. The ME is however not really the right place for that.

Good luck, I hope you can solve your "problem".