PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2019, 10:10
Uplinker

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts
UAS recovery in particular needs to be a reflex response, (like trimming, or immediately dipping the nose if the stall warning goes off), but it is not trained sufficiently in my view. I don’t always monitor both speed tapes when PM as we climb out on busy or complicated departures but I definitely should.

In the light of this accident and other fatal accidents in the last few years; every SIM session should have a mandatory event which requires ignoring everything else and reverting to basic pitch and power - not pre-briefed or even mentioned; just sprung on every crew at any moment, any phase of flight.

Regarding surprise reaction; We once had the overspeed warning go off in a Dash 8, because PM had missed bringing the flaps up owing to radio calls and a very busy departure. This beeping was going on for about 40s before we both realised what it was. Not proud to admit that at all, but these things happen.

I’m sure this will have been mentioned, so apologies but, is there an AoA disagree warning on the 737?

Last edited by Uplinker; 4th May 2019 at 10:22.