PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2019, 23:35
MemberBerry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coaldemon
So you are saying that Boeing was on the same path as Volkswagen and had specifically designed software that operated when it was tested. Wow you really have no idea of the people in Boeing. I don't work for them but I have had a lot to do with them and that is not what they are about culturally.
I didn't say that MCAS operated only when tested, but still a lot of parallels can be drawn between the two situations. I have no reason not to believe that MCAS works properly when the AOA sensors work properly, which was not what was going on at Volkswagen. But I still believe it is highly likely that in both cases there some unethical people ignored that their products can kill people, to increase profits.

And I don't mean to blame all the Boeing employees, or even a majority of Boeing's employees. I'm sure many of them are fine people that do their best every day, and are sickened and angry about the situation. But it's enough to have a few dozens of people in key positions being unethical. It doesn't matter if 99% of the employees are not like that, the final outcome can be the same.