PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2019, 23:10
coaldemon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So you are saying that Boeing was on the same path as Volkswagen and had specifically designed software that operated when it was tested. Wow you really have no idea of the people in Boeing. I don't work for them but I have had a lot to do with them and that is not what they are about culturally.

I agree with some of the posts above: If the Aircraft is not doing what you want then make it do what you want. Take out the automation and hand fly it if need be but take control of it.

Have a look at the data released in the preliminary report for ET302 and see if you can work out what they were doing in the 2 minutes before MCAS came in. That would also be the MCAS they were supposed to have been informed about after the release of the bulletin by Boeing. There are a lot of factors to this one and although MCAS is a flawed concept and has to be fixed the aircraft around it is fine and actually very nice to operate.

As for psychopaths in corporate structures I have meet some definite candidates over the years as well as some in Pilots uniforms.