PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Repatriation flight after 25 years in PEY
Old 3rd May 2019, 09:17
Gordomac

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Globo being referred to as a "Prat", "Moron" and now coming out on our esteemed public platform says it all about the loser. Always did open his Gobo before thinking. Back to thread though ; I too was sickened by the Retirees treatment. CX , once the legacy carrier of choice now managed as a loco. GF wasn't much better. We were given Staff Travel benefits which were for life in retirement. They were not great but not bad either. They were diluted after a couple of years after the threat of complete withdrawal and then withdrawn anyway. On my leaving flight, it was Firm First but we were kept by the moronic gate guy , at the gate, denied boarding until he was satisfied that no last second joiners would come tearing down the mile & a half between check-in and boarding . We were reluctantly allowed to board at door close time into the empty FC cabin. Boy, did I savour my Jack & coke without looking back.

Unlike Arfur Dent, we have no Saff Travel in GF retirement. I Have to slip into me shell suit and line up in the baffle queue with, at least, my firm ticket on Easy like everyone else.

Might try pitching up with my Retired Senior Captain GF ID though, at the BA desk & ask for an ID90.