PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Repatriation flight after 25 years in PEY
Old 3rd May 2019, 04:30
unitedabx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ron burgandy
This tale is a great metaphor for all our woes.

Here’s a pilot with literally nothing to lose and he still won’t stand up for himself.

Instead, he accepts being treated sub-standardly, (because of good manners/ professionalism / path of least resistance / shock / or just stupidity - take your pick) and then bleats about it after the fact.

How about when they ask at the gate, “do you want to travel or not”, he says yes, in my booked class, otherwise get me a hotel or your manager, or both.

Now he might be a great guy, absolute gentleman, pleasure to fly with etc etc, but

Stand up for yourself and your entitlements FFS
Ron you clearly haven't a clue. So to help you not make the mistakes you outlined above let me tell you this. When you leave on your repatriation flight you are leaving Hong Kong and on an assigned date. To collect your PF tax free you MUST leave HKG before midnight that day or else it is subject to HKG tax. So to refuse to get on , ask for a hotel for the night would cost the company HKD2000 but the pilot potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars. So get real, get your facts straight or better still shut the f****k up. The guy in question is a great guy, great pilot and now thankfully enjoying his retirement away from tough guy morons like you.