PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2019, 09:05
yanrair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a truly superb analysis. I suspect this could very well be plaigerised in its entirety and feature in various court cases in the future.

Regards

I think Alchad that you would have to say that only a few of the Comments 1-33 are accurate and even then, were not the cause of the crashes. Only factors leading to the events. I will look at the 33 comments as will others and I am sure they will be examined one by one for accuracy, relevancy and bias. I look forward to that input from others wiser than I.
Happy flying
ps - would fly on a Max today if I could fine one going somewhere, provided the pilot had been trained in multiple error warnings and knew his pitch and power settings for each phase of flight. The airlines I fly on do that. Someone said today "are we going back to the Cessna 152?" Well, the 737 is a large 152 and that is its beauty in my view. It flies with very little working except it needs the engines, and even without them, has made many safe landings. But, the pilots HAVE to know how to fly. The 737 is not an Xbox. But then nor is an A330 as we saw in the AF 447 crash where the pilots had no idea what was happening to them.
We are not going to get away from the issue of world wide movement towards minimalist training supplemented by smarter and smarter avionics which can save the pilots from their own errors. An old but not bold pilot.
Y