PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2019, 21:52
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!

Excuse me, Driver, but your post about all the warning lights you say in last sentence the crew called out “left vane”. And I do not see this right after WoW for several minutes. Sure, many alarms and such went off right away, and looks to me that somewhere along the way they turned off the electric trim. Can post timeline later.
EDIT WITH COCKPIT STUFF:
Takeoff at 5: 38 +/1 a second or two
At 05:39:45, Captain requested flaps up and First-Officer acknowledged. One second later, flap handle moved from 5 to 0 degrees and flaps retraction began.
[that is almost two minutes after WoW)

At 05:39:50, the selected heading started to change from 072 to 197 degrees and at the same time the Captain asked the First-Officer to request to maintain runway heading.
[no discussion of AoA vanes yet almost two minutes after WoW]

At 05:39:55, Autopilot disengaged,

At 05:39:57, the Captain advised again the First-Officer to request to maintain runway heading and that they are having flight control problems.

At 05:40:00 shortly after the autopilot disengaged, the FDR recorded an automatic aircraft nose down (AND) activated for 9.0 seconds and pitch trim moved from 4.60 to 2.1 units. The climb was arrested and the aircraft descended slightly.

[The MCAS activates and the real circus begins]

Gums....

Last edited by gums; 30th Apr 2019 at 22:09.