PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2019, 21:45
alexandersparry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking for me and just about all of my colleagues of a quite big IT company having its main location in germany: I'll never ever fly a boeing again unless the 737 MAX Issue is resolved including a full analysis *what* went wrong certifying this aircraft.

From an engineers point of view it is quite incredible what has happened in this specific case. May the pilots have partial guilt or not, at least the following facts remain:
* no redundancy for a safety-critical subsystems' sensor
* no sanity-check of input-values of a safety-critical subsystem (e.g. not checking differential of movement, not checking absolute values, not comparing against other available sensors, not checking against absolute - i.e. measureable - orientation against groun(
* no coaching of pilots
* cross-linking of MCAS with assisted trim

In our company boeing is being called as "Boing", which in german means "Crash!". Anyone having to fly who determines to have been booked on a boing 737-MAX (i.e. crash 737-MAX) may refuse to fly, requiring the company to re-book. Do you even grasp what this means?

The longer boeing refuses to admit the obvious, glaring deficits in the MCAS implementation the longer it will permanently lose trust. Whatever 737driver or anyone else says will not rectify this, quite the opposite. Even if it is true to a certain degree.