PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2019, 00:00
MemberBerry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 737 Driver
Are you more interesting in bitching or saving lives?
Have you considered that bitching may save lives? Without extensive "bitching" against Boeing and the FAA from the pilot community, even going as far as being considered "hysterical" by some, the responsible parties at Boeing and the FAA may just conclude that pilots will accept whatever **** system they will come up with and respectively certify, and at some point the public will forget and carry on flying on those flawed machines. How is that a good thing for safety?

I would love nothing more than having all the holes in the layers of cheese patched, including any deficiencies in pilot training. That may require bitching too, not just towards Boeing and the FAA, but also towards the airlines that are extremely reluctant to give the pilots more than a few hours of training, and no simulator training if at all possible.

I think sometimes an attitude along the lines of "I'm mad as Hell and I'm not going to take this anymore" is required to make the responsible parties realize this cannot continue, and fundamental changes must be made. In my opinion that should start with the FAA being given the appropriate budget and independence from political influence to be able to properly regulate both the airlines and the aircraft manufactures, forcing them to "produce" both safe aircrafts and safe pilots respectively.

As a passenger, I will try my best to avoid Boeing aircraft until that actually happens.