PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC
Thread: ASIC
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2019, 08:56
machtuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YPJT
machtuk,
AusCheck - the mob who process the background checks migrated to a new system late last year. To say that it has become a dogs breakfast is an understatement.
10 weeks to process would be an absolute extreme case and I'd suggest you would have to have some form with courts to take that long.
At the moment, they are running about 2 - 3 weeks for Auscheck and however long then to get the card printed and sent out etc.
Please tell me you didn't go "that Co" They have caused the rest of us more grief than you can imagine.

no previous criminal record of any kind, I've had an ASIC since they where invented, never been refused, flying for 40 years so am not new to this! I've never had a previous issue with that Co as you mentioned, always been very prompt. I was under the impression it would take 2-6 weeks, I gambled 4 weeks, a phone call latter was told up to 10 weeks, we are at the mercy of beuracracy at its worst in Australia!
Next time when I look at the crash axe in my cockpit I'll fondle my new ASIC I know I'm safe!