PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bankruptcy in Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2019, 02:29
autobabysit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 8 Head In The Clouds

Well Pogie it is that hard. Clearly you are lucky enough not to have to make a choice between your dream job you worked so hard to get or seeing your kids.

Unfortunately I had to get to where I got to by hard work and networking, my aviation career did not come via the airforce route or a cadet scheme or having well off parents who could pad my bottom if I need a bit of help.

From 16 - 30 it was a hard slog doing up to 4 jobs at a time to earn money get my flying hours up, doing dangerous flying that no one else would do. I know other guys in same boat and I am not trying to portray I am a victim.

Getting into CX in 2006 was a massive accomplishment for me s big break. The ex and I had nothing to show for ourselves but finally things were on track. I thought ...

Little did I know my ex would have an affair with a fellow pilot (a few actually) or she would rake up debts and do a runner from HK with my kids and then be vile through the courts using our kids as pawns and trying to get money out me I did not have. Let me not even get into the $58,000 I still owe from legals over last 6 years just trying to see my kids, be a part of their lives and make their mother adhere to court orders.

I did the grown up thing .... paid more than my fair dues. Still paying. Doing right by my kids. At 45 I live with my parents, use my mothers car, I have nothing and will probably never recuperate. Sydney is expensive. My choices : I had to leave CX and a great package or not see my kids enough.

I had a fleet transfer and may need to fly into HK which is why I am asking about this.

sorry to sidetrack, your sharing catches my attention as i’m beginning to wonder would I become to the next victim of AIDS. Having an affairs with a few pilots (cx?!) and stealing your hard earned money afterwards?! Should I never introduce my gf to my colleagues?! Or just never get married in hkg! It seems like cx and hkg are pilot-nightmare! What are the red flags that wake you up and how did you find out she had affairs??