PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Emergency
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2019, 20:29
KelvinD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear me!
Somebody reported something he found unusual and what is the response:
"Post it in a different forum". Really? Well, perhaps the OP had "heard" of this event; Rumour.
Or perhaps the OP thought this was an event so unusual that it constituted something noteworthy; News.
Meanwhile a fight breaks out over who says to squawk 7700 or otherwise. Strange attitudes here such as "My aeroplane, I will squawk 7700 when I want to, not when told to." What a shock that pilot would get if ATC responded with "And my airport and you're not landing after all!"
Meanwhile, everyone seems to have missed the elephant in the room. Per the original post, the flight landed from the opposite direction to what was currently in effect at the airport at the time. Flights were landing and departing toward the South West, yet this flight landed from the South West. Didn't anybody think that was unusual? It seems to lend some weight to the argument that the pilot thought there was some urgency and he wanted to land as soon as possible, and probably unlikely that this was due to an unruly passenger. As far as I can tell, the aircraft is still on the ground at Manchester, 8 hours after landing.