PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comments by Cabin Crew on Firm Landings
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2019, 18:21
CaptainGrizzly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comments by Cabin Crew on Firm Landings

Hi there

Recently had a pretty firm touchdown in quite turbulent conditions. I understand it was my judgemental error in terms of under-flaring the aircraft. But nonetheless, approach was stabilised, touchdown on centre line and within TDZ and aircraft perfectly intact. All criteria of a safe landing fulfilled. Touchdown sound was quite loud - I believe A320 shock absorbers make that sound (wham).

​​​​​
​​​​​Went out of the cockpit, thanked the Flight Purser, as is the norm here. Then came the sarcastic reply: "No, thank you, you did such a great landing, blah blah, a passenger said the pilot should be sent for training.. Blah blah"

Ok that hurt big time.. Especially it was my first time hearing something like this from a cabin crew. Even Captains have never commented on me this way. Surprisingly, this lady also conducts CRM classes for Cockpit crew.

​​​​Having no comebacks, and already embarrased, I just laughed it off. And its been more than 2 weeks and it still hurts, I think I should have said something! I should have pointed out that they are not in a position to judge what's safe.

Anyhow, just wanted to share my dilemma with fellow flyers. Have you guys ever had any such experiences? What do you think the response should be?

Thanks