PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2019, 11:02
Prizmatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KNIEVEL77
I can imagine this being more of a problem if you regularly swap between flying an R22/44 and a Cabri.
Those who have only ever flown or trained on a Cabri should be able to take it in their stride.
I the issue here is that the author is using his article to bash the Cabri rather than to draw attention to the need for greater instructor training. Indeed one of the most recent crashes in the UK highlighted this issue when the instructor tried to save the situation but was unable arguably through lack of currency on type (she subsequently lost both instructor and examiner ratings). The title of the article should be "We need to talk about Instructors" but thats not what he does, he constantly attacks the G2 both in person and in print. A friend had the misfortune to meet him and his first laughing question to him was "how the hell did you land that thing with no tail rotor authority" he just replied "Oh didnt you see I just crashed it into the ground" and walked away. The shame here is that he was given room to do this in a well known magazine.