PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA going overboard again
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2019, 04:35
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by megle2
Where is the reference that states you must log in to NAIPS and NAIPS only prior to flight. Be a handy gotcha on tests etc.
M2,
Without some searching, I can't give you specific legislative references, there is more than one, but you are required by law to only used "approved" official sources of information for planning and operating your flight.

Met. is a good case in point, only observations from approved met. observers can be used, and Australia is about the only country I know where a PPL or higher licensed pilot, (base on the met. knowledge required by the syllabus) is NOT automatically an approved met. observer.

The genesis of this "vital and critical air safety legislation" ( to quote CASA testimony to a CASA Review hearing) is "interesting", it was the outcome of an industrial dispute, many years ago, between BoM and the union that represented most of its members -- to severely limit the number of non-union member met. observers.

As for NOTAMs etc., AsA is the only approved source (that I know of) in AU for such data.

Tootle pip!!