PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And the best long haul job is?
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2019, 07:55
Klimax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GE115b
So the way I see it, things at most EU legacies are heading in the wrong direction, CX sounds toxic along with the crippling high cost of living in HK and we have all heard about the fatigue in the ME3. Flying the heavies in North America sounds rosy, but only reachable if you have the visa and 25+ years seniority.

So, is there any half decent long haul jobs out there, or maybe things aren't all that bad and I just need a pprune detox?
Get onto a Gulfstream G650ER, Global 7500 or even a Falcon 7X.. On the right account (with emphasism on "right") and youŽll do a long haul or two a month and stay "at location" for long enough to actually enjoy the different location in a different continent - wake up in the morning (ok, ok.... middle of the night..) and suck in the new air, take it easy, head to the beach, head to the coffee shop, go shop carpets or whatever - and best of all - not already start thinking about the next return flight.. If you really nail it, youŽll be on a rotational position and when the flight is over you go home and stay home for 2-4 weeks (depending on rotation type). As for the flying - maybe youŽll be doing the ususal suspect of New York, Paris, London, Boston, Hong Kong, Singapore etc.,but if youŽre lucky it will be with the occassional odd vacation trip to Maldives, Namibia, South Africa etc.. Anyways, life is not always easy. Good luck.