PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NT C210
Thread: NT C210
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2019, 16:40
The Wawa Zone

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by machtuk
I just read that, so tragic☹ I only hope that future inexperienced pilots can learn something of this event. The NT is no place for any A/C (especially a C210) when TS conditions are like that,

Learning comes from accumulated corporate knowledge within the company's documented instructional material plus first hand experience flying around in/near the scungey stuff under experienced supervision (both lacking in this accident).
I used to teach what I called 'maximum information flying' ie. height and heading intended to feed your 360-degree swiveling head the most amount of information about where you should head next. That could be anywhere up to 90 degrees off track and anything between cloud base and 200'AGL, with the main requirements being to see and assess the furthest possible distance ahead and around plus maintaining an open escape route out the back door when it closed off around and in front. Your head doesn't stop moving.
The point is that you are going 10 times faster than the weather, and if you don't like it you can just bolt out the back door and it won't catch you. Lose the back door ..? That's when the problems start.