PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building (Australia)
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2003, 03:28
troposurfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sydney flying

yo headwind/HN1708,

for all things travel in sydney check out .......

www.sydneytransport.net.au or www.131500.info

these are the transport authorities/information websites for Sydney and environs. If you are coming from Manly to YBSK then you will........

Catch Manly ferry to Circular Quay then take train on Bankstown line to Bankstown then just near station get 935/6/7 to Marion St. Bus drops you 50 yds from airport.

To Hoxton(YHOX) take manly ferry to Circular again then catch Liverpool train to Liverpool then 854 bus drops you near to the airport.

Someone suggested Warnervale, I never used it(overflown on a Nav), but it has Williamtown MIL CTR to north and Richmond to the West as well as being well North of the Sydney burbs.

If you get the chance do a Nav on the Victor 1 route along the coast. Absolutely amazing! 500ft along the cliffs and across the mouth of the harbour. If you can get a plane with a working transponder you can do the harbour and over the bridge if the E-W runway is being used at Kingsford Smith and not much traffic. Awesome.

Ps on the Medical. Get it done at the medical centre at Kingsford Smith if you can. It has public transport to it and it was the cheapest quote I got from all the Docs + easy to get quick appointment. In and out in an hour too.

There is a pilot shop at Bankstown which has all the charts and stuff you will need. Sydney WAC #3456/ VNCs 2 and 3 and a Sydney VTC and a PCA AUS planning chart. The CASA office is just round the corner for any licence probs and paperwork. One word DO GET A SEP sticker in your logbook. I should have had this put in my logbook after my PPL test but the idiots at the school near Melbourne never bothered. Now I get emails from CASA asking me to bring my book to them and I'm back in the UK. Good one mate!

Cheers and much Jealousy

Tropo.