PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA DEP A320
Thread: BA DEP A320
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2019, 13:36
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wiggy

Minor but important point of order: that is generally only the case if you are assigned training away from your base, e.g. being an early convertee onto a new type and doing a manufacturers course, or doing training at LHR but are based elsewhere with BA.

If, as is more likely, you are LHR based and training at the “Global Learning Academy” at LHR (e.g. conversion course, command course, recurrent sims, SEP, any of the occasional other group training days, etc etc) you find and fund your own accommodation.
Thank's for adding. That said, just clarifying certain realities about the Ryanair deal. Financially, the investment is much larger than €5K euros, and it takes a while to recover as your salary is reduced. Work/life balance is poor, morale is low within the work force and it's an incredibly negative place to be. People keep going on about 75K this and that...I'm yet to meet an FO on the new deal that makes that much after tax. You spend so much money on basics that I doubt it's true you get to that figures before year 3.
Captains get paid well and get the leave they want etc, but that's another argument.
The salary at BA will be higher and you'll feel looked after. I know it may not be perfect, but based on my experience and others, I can categorically say that RYR does not care about it's workforce, is nothing new.