PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2019, 08:46
yanrair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason that both these aircraft crashed is because MCAS moved the stabiliser (had it not - no crashes) - there was no training given about MCAS and MCAS was not even mentioned when these aircraft were delivered. That is the basic error, anything after that is a domino.[/QUOTE]

Nobody denies I think that MCAS needs a redesign. That’s how we make aviation safer. Eliminate all causes of future events. The. MCAS is one. It is being done. It will be certified .Now to the much bigger potential problem. What if the are pilots- and I’m ignoring these two crashes- who can’t handle things when it’s not a simple failure but a compound failure. ? Thousands , maybe of a generation of pilots who only know what they can read in a manual or have been taught? Compare with good surgeon. I wouldn’t want one going near me who wasn’t able to handle complications beyond what he normally sees. Who has in depth knowledge of his complex world as a result of constantly keeping ahead of the curve. Not barely able to manage the basics, never mind the unexpected.