PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2019, 21:14
MurphyWasRight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VicMel;10446915[size=3
The value can go from +75 to -60deg because (I believe) the 6 stage AoA correction computation (Pitch Rate possibly being the main one) is using garbage parameters and so producing a garbage output. I think the large negative Pitch Rate starting at 05:43:24 may have caused a change to which garbage parameter was picked up. However although the L AoA value is now dynamic, i.e. not stuck, it does not get anywhere near to being correct as it does not track the R AoA in the precise way that it did at the beginning of the flight.
Vic
While I agree that some SW issue may have been involved with Lion Air (wrong side detect pin?) I cannot see why anything beyond detachment of the AoA vane is needed to explain the rapid swing to ~70 with later almost perfect tracking of G forces of ~+0.5G to ~ -2.0G between 05:43:25 and end of recording.

The bird strike or pre existing damage that let go at takeoff also explains the AoA heater fail.

Last edited by MurphyWasRight; 13th Apr 2019 at 21:16. Reason: Fixed plus sign location.