PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Current retirement figures.
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2019, 00:08
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
"There were 3244 pilots in Apr 18, now there are 3233, 11 fewer. So only 166 joined to replace the 177 that left"

a drop of 11 pilots in total out of 3233 = 0.3% less - you wouldn't notice - it's in the noise TBH

If it's as bad as most posters on here say it is why did 166 people join? Did they Shanghai them? (sorry....)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but doesn’t CX/KA have any growth ambitions? If so, how do you do that with declining pilot numbers. Last time I checked, 3 man long haul wasn’t exactly the Savior CX was hoping for. I’m guessing CMP is more of the same. Looks great on paper, but in real life... more broken patterns, fatigue, reserve utilization, etc.

Btw, CX is sending approximately two dozen 777-300ER back to the lessors. I’m thinking all those A50s aren’t actually growth. Every time I pass through HKG, I marvel at how many CX airplanes are parked all over the airport. Then when I leave, hardly any of them have moved. They just sit there all nicely buttoned up and losing money. All is not well in CX land, contrary to the song and dance in the weekly updates.