PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2019, 16:26
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EDLB

My guesimate is more a year if they have already started and they are lucky. Can easily be more. A Level A software piece need to run on a hardware worth that level. Don’t think that they have it in the 737 so they will need an additional box.
So I don’t think that the MAXes in storage will hit the friendly skies anytime soon.
Or does anyone believe that the FAA will stick their neck out and allow the next “quick fix”.
As mentioned already , maybe the FAA, but not the Canadians and EASA to name only two, Then the Max will be restricted to domestic US , which is maybe what will happen in the end., as in previous cases, and then possibly a new " Super 737" or even 797 will roll out with some new features , @ la MD-11.
I know of 2 European airlines now that have taken out their stored Max from their Summer schedule altogether, and one is using this as a marketing thing to get their pax back during the Summer.
I am not sure about Air Canada , but I am going to OSH at the end of July and one domestic leg was on a Max, and I was two weeks ago rescheduled on a different flight at a very different time on an A321. So it would seem that also Canada is not expecting to get them flying soon. .