PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2019, 12:57
SamYeager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Albino
Spot on, it's is also the view of every colleague I have spoken to.
It seems clear from the posts of various experienced 737 pilots that both sets of pilots messed up, didn't follow clear NNCs and are therefore solely and exclusively responsible for tarring Boeing's reputation and causing such unnecessary alarm that the 737 MAX was grounded. Obviously this would never have happened with US, European or Australian pilots who would have done the right thing. Since it's clear that there is nothing that Boeing can do to bring pilots from Asia and Africa up to the afore mentioned standards the solution is obvious. Just don't sell Boeings to Asia and Africa with perhaps the odd exception for Japan and Singapore. Job done!

What's that you say? Boeing says they have a problem with that because they won't make a big enough profit and that would leave the field open to Airbus? Surely that would just mean Airbus aircraft crashing with the consequent deep smelly stuff and no skin off Boeing nose? Still not good enough? Well I suppose Boeing will just have to change their assumptions about what pilots will and won't do and then design their aircraft and associated documentation so pilots from all continents will follow the correct action(s) and not crash their Boeing aircraft. After Boeing's a business and a key purpose of business is to make money.

N.B. In case you haven't twigged it yet I very much do not repeat not hold the views expressed in the first two sentences.

Last edited by SamYeager; 7th Apr 2019 at 13:01. Reason: Typos