PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - where next?
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2003, 06:13
LBAir

I couldn't agree more, LBA has forever tried to keep up with the airlines. If Donky International had never happened, the Leeds bosses would have been quiet happy, just to let rot. NOW all of a sudden, they realize that if they don't pull their finger out, other airports will reap the rewards for Leeds' losses. The new food village is the only thing the airport has got spot on, upto press. What LBA really needs realistically, within the next five years is a new terminal.

As far as the question for apron space goes.... I have spoken to persons at the Multiflight training school and have asked them about the possible loss of the cross runway. They have told me it will not make a great deal of differance to their opperations.
Looking at previous years when LBA has extended its apron, it has had to build the land up, prior to laying concrete. This is expensive. I would put a bet on 27-09 going within 12 months. The new check-in has 16 desks or in apron terms thats another 5 stands?? 27-09 going!!