PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bankruptcy in Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2019, 10:22
8 Head In The Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bankruptcy in Hong Kong

I left HK in late 2014 after a terrible divorce. Yip another victim of AIDS.

I returned to Sydney and secured a much lower paying job to be near my kids. I had debt amounting to just over 1Million HKD when I left.

I tried to arrange a pay back plan but the banks were impossible, really unhelpful. They were demanding I physically come in and sign documents.

The matter was handed to the Official Receivers Office. I genuinely tried to resolve this issue but even the ORO were cagey and would not answer my questions just demanding information all the time some of which I was not able to supply.

After trying to resolve things for 10 months and wasting more money on more lawyers I gave up. The lawyers in HK were more money hungry and useless than those who dealt with my divorce in Oz.

I have intermittently received emails and summons from the ORO. I admit I have ignored this. I simply cannot go. I have not even been out of Australia since returning because I cannot afford it so how can I attend hearings in HK?

Now there is a court hearing to discharge my debt but the Official Receivers Office is objecting the discharge.

Does anyone have experience with this?

As a matter of curiosity would going to HK on a Gen Dec as flight crew show that a person has entered and left a country?

Thanks for any input.