PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows to move from RAF Scampton to one of three sites
Old 3rd Apr 2019, 19:11
just another jocky

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
As Cottesmore is south of 53 deg N, the RAFAT Restricted Area would no longer be 'R313' if a decision was made to base the team at Wittering, with a nearby RA.

I looked at Wittering on Google Maps today, using the 'satellite' option. What a shame to see that the only aircraft sitting on the ASP were the UAS/AEFs' plastic pigs......
I know you weren't trying to offend but I do find that comment a little more than annoying.

I spend my life flying those "plastic pigs" and many, many students who will form the backbone of tomorrow's RAF will have many happy memories of those same "plastic pigs". So just because they don't fulfil your definition of a great aeroplane to fly doesn't give you the right to be so disdainful. Perhaps you could choose your words a little more carefully next time.

Oh, and btw, the UAS and AEF are the lesser part of the flying that occurs at Wittering. Please can some of you drag yourselves kicking and screaming into today's RAF?