PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows to move from RAF Scampton to one of three sites
Old 2nd Apr 2019, 23:46
chopper2004

Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by chevvron
Re-open Sculthorpe or Alconbury? Heyford is too far gone.
I would love if the MoD took Alconbury Weald and hand it back to the 501st next door......still there is half a runway left , two hangars by it. Beyond that it’s a small village and industrial estate on side with 4/5 large buildings built on the northern side plus all sorts of crap dotted around. How do I know this ? I pop in every so often as one of my clients is on site.

Then again going into the realms of fantasy, what with small village there...can be used as base housing lol.

Scunthorpe is used mainly by the 352nd with their Cv-22B and MC-130J for exercises and stuff , dropping PJs and STS quite regularly with Civil Engineering Squadrons from either the Hall or Heath sends an Oshkosh By Gosh fire truck in support of impending manuevers. Behind that it’s private property , some industrial estate one side. Barracks are run down, dilapidated suppose nothing short of lick of paint, a good interior designer , window cleaner and so forth and so forth to make it habitable again.

Cheers