PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New RAF TV advert for women
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2019, 14:18
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dash2
Because diversity and different backgrounds/views are healthy and result in better decisions and make more effective teams.
Nope. Diversified and mixed team makes as many stupid decisions as single sex teams.

When you end up stratifying teams into Gender, Sexual orientation, Ethnic origins etc tec then you spend more time on trying to make a team to fit to a stereotype that someone has thought up than something that actually works.

Working with an Irish guy years ago another Irish guy joined in a completelty different function. HR introduced them to each other. Guy I knew said WTF are they doing that, "am I supposed to be best friends with someone because they happen to be the same Ethnic F****** origins ? Do they do it if someone is Black or Female or Gay". HR director got both barrels from the guy who to be fair had a good point.

Of course everybody could go around wearing badges indicating the Religion, Sexual orientation, Ethnic origins, etc etc BUT wasn't this used in 1930's and 40's as a means of selection of people with disastrous consequences.

I can proudly say I have never hired anybody who was black, white, gay, straight, female, male. I just hired people. Their colour, gender orientation, sex was something I cared little about. HR and I had difference of opinions all the time, they believed they were competent.