PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2019, 02:29
joe falchetto 64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Unhooked

Thanks for the reply but my comparison was never meant to be in in depth technical discussion. I have flown widebody and narrow bodied Airbus for over 10 years and Boeing's for even longer so the Airbus flight protection system's summary wasn't nessecary.

The simple point I was actually trying to make is the fact that the flight control inputs we as pilots make can be overridden by 'computers' in both the Airbus abnormal V alpha prot and the Boeing MCAS situation. This would not of happened before the advent of flight control computers and fly-by wire technology.
I certainly didn't want to get drawn into a deep technical comparison, it was not my intention.
I now remember why I stopped contributing to these forums. There is always some smart arse hiding behind his keyboard trying to show the rest of the world how brilliant they are.
Good morming. My comment was aimed to the people that don’t have a so deep knowledge of the Airbus flight control system and not specifically to you. There are many people reading here that could simply make some general and wrong assumptions from your original post. About technology... I have flown a lot of second generation fighter bombers and first generation four engine jet transport aircraft... a lot of fun either way. I don’t like when pilots are taken out of the picture but that is good for me...today most of my valid second-in-command cannot just make a proper landing with 20 knots crosswind. About the smart arse, you can always delight me with all the contributions and efforts you have profused in changing the actual industry situation during your long flight career.
Happy landings.
JF