PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Chief Pilots and the 'Old Boy' network . . .
Old 3rd Sep 2001, 02:26
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holt CJ

I have been away on my travels and have been unable to reply. I have watched with some considerable interest as this thread has unfolded. I feel I must apologise for my rudeness earlier in the thread by suggesting you leave. I have clearly caused offence to a chap who enjoys being among the pilot fraternity and I really did not intend to. So please accept my sincere apologies for any hurt or offence caused. The sad truth is that none of us really know each other and the written word causes offence when wry smiles can so easily undo any misunderstanding. Very sorry for my shameful rudeness.

Tillii (is that how you spell it?). Now you are altogether different. You have really bitten and I find myself at the great disadvantage of not being able to look you in the eye and know what you are really about. From your post, I presume you must be the first female freemason. I am disappointed to see that you have revealed yourself as thinking I hate teachers (I am married to a wonderful one), engineers (I was one once), nurses (I know so many good ones), women (my own mother was one!). Take a couple of vallium on the way to the Lodge tonight and you will feel so much better about me.

ADC

An excellent view - so well put that I feel positively envious of your non-confrontational presentation.