PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2019, 05:32
armchairpilot94116

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Livesinafield
I think the publicity that the max has generated over the last few weeks especially since the grounding, could kill the airframe off... there may be no way back for it. The public are very powerful and could refuse to fly on it even after Boeing has "updated IOS" or whatever they are doing, I personally wont be going near one with my family even after its "fixed" and i fly for a living, so joe public will be even more cautious.

I honesly think its crazy that we are now in a situation where a plane is crashing and we are saying we need a software update... its gone too far.

People except humans make errors and pilots sometimes screw up, what they wont accept is software in charge of their lives
The Max is all in for Boeing. Fastest selling Boeing jet, yada yada. Boeing is going to do whatever it takes to get that bird back in the air. Too much at stake. The only way for the airframe to end production is if the majority of the orders evaporate overnight. This probably won't happen. So if all goes well and the software patch works and airlines don't cancel orders and the general public goes back to flying it . All will be well. But Boeing will be wise to learn that it is time to get cracking at an all new 737 based loosely on the 757 perhaps. Or better, basically copy the A320. And to amortize the costs of the Max quickly so the line can end soon as the new one is ready. When will it be? Ten years? Now if the Max has another accident within the next few years, no matter the cause, that may be it. Boeing can't afford another Max going down.