PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Chief Pilots and the 'Old Boy' network . . .
Old 31st Aug 2001, 19:36
Holt CJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

To bugg smasher

Thank you for your warm greeting. Now that you are back from your slight diversion, I wonder if you, as a pilot, would be kind enough to comment on the poser I set on a previous page? It seems that, with the exception of The Guvnor and slj, nobody wishes to comment. I find the silence rather disquieting given that the ‘A’ in the posed question is a professional pilot and, in my mind, a decent and upright citizen. Surely more of you would hold a view beyond The Guvnor’s well-meaning comment that 'A' is apparently b*****ed!”

To RT

I was not in any way offended, more disgusted. In answer to yours: No, I do not believe this is the case ‘within any discipline’. In my humble opinion, those of us within the professions are not normally given to talking ‘a load of self-righteous rubbish’, at least not with each other. Of course, it is entirely possible that the piloting profession is an exception. I reserve judgment on that for the time being. Certainly, some may have acted badly on this thread, but we must bear in mind that a declaration as to ‘occupation’ does not make it true. I presume there are some on this site claiming to be a professional aviator when they are neither professional nor aviator?

[ 31 August 2001: Message edited by: Holt CJ ]