PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2019, 09:22
GordonR_Cape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EDLB
Are you serious? We have the year 2019 and not 1950. Customers expect a thorough analysis and solution to regain confidence and not an additional kludge.

Thats what the 737 MAX looks on statistics:
https://qz.com/1571820/deaths-on-the...cial-aircraft/

It is a great case for the industry to learn. And it is more about the decision making processes on all levels, than on a technical only analysis of this latent fault condition of the MCAS system. There is a reason that the FAA AIM has about 800 pages written mostly with blood.

Currently Boeing could have made the complete skin of the B737 MAX only from AoA vanes and would still be better off.
My comment was in response to a specific question, and not a commentary about the MAX aircraft in general. Nor am I trying to discount the disastrous nature of MCAS, but pointing out that adding a 3rd AOA to an old airframe does not solve anything (unless the avionics are adapted to read and process the 3rd sensor).

I concur with your other comments, which are best directed at Boeing and the FAA. Being judgemental does not help solve this specific problem.

Last edited by GordonR_Cape; 31st Mar 2019 at 10:57. Reason: Clarify wording.