PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New RAF TV advert for women
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2019, 15:56
muppetofthenorth

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 350 Driver
You're the one who seems to have made up their mind as evidenced by the fact that you would rather hurl personal insults than actually discuss the topic.

Intersting. Have you considered that the advert may actually turn off some of the potential recruits from your main source of manpower? I'm talking about young men by the way. Many young men turn to military service as a way to prove themselves "as a man." You can argue whether or not that's silly or shortsighted all you want but that's just the psyche of young men coming of age and trying to find their place in this world. A lot of those guys are going to look at that ad and think "Why would I want to prove or challenge myself by joining an organization full of women talking about the tactical lipgloss and maxipads?"

I don't think anyone is offended here except for the person hurling personal insults.
That's simply because there's nothing to discuss. You can continue thinking it's 1953, while the rest of us get by in 2019.

And no, I don't for a minute believe such an effect will be had. Mostly because that kind of guy isn't looking at the RAF in the first place, and even if he was and that advert put him off, I'm fairly confident he's not the kind of person we'd want anyway.